- There is one divine being who created and sustains the entire universe, who is known to us through His creation and His own Word as three co-equal yet distinct persons: God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit. Only through faith is it possible to fully know, relate to and please God. Disobedience and unbelief has broken the relationship between God and mankind (Genesis 1:1-31; Deuteronomy 6:4-6; Colossians 1:15-17; Hebrews 11:6; Romans 3:23).
- The Bible is truly the Word of God. It is our authority in matters of religion and as the basis of all our faith and practice. True knowledge of the Lord Jesus Christ comes to us through the Word of God (2 Timothy 3:14-17; 2 Peter 3: 15-16; Acts 2:42-47; Titus 2:1; Romans 1:16, 17).
- Jesus Christ is our only Savior and Lord. He is the only begotten Son of God who died on the cross for the salvation of all mankind. God the Father raised Him from the dead and this is our assurance of salvation (John 14:6; Acts 4:12; John 3:16; 1 John 4:14; Romans 10:9).
- God has offered to every person everywhere the forgiveness of sins, the Spirit of God, and the inheritance yet to come on the basis of what Christ has done to save us (Mark 10:45; John 12:32; Acts 2:38,39; Romans 5:18; Colossians 2:13-15).
- In order to receive this gift of grace, God summons everyone to faith in Christ, repentance from sin, confession of Jesus as Lord, and on that basis, immersion into Christ (Romans 5:1,2; Acts 10:43; Romans 10: 9-10, 17; Acts 2:38,39).
- Jesus Christ created the church, and it is made up of all those who have obeyed the Gospel and belong to Jesus Christ, the Head of the church (Matthew 16:15-18; Matthew 28:16-20; Galatians 3:26-29; Colossians 1:15-20). The mission of the church is to bring the message of salvation through Christ to all mankind, and summon them to obedience (discipleship) to Him as Savior and Lord (Matthew 28:16-20; Mark 10:45; 2 Corinthians 5:11-21; Matthew 18:12-14; 1 Timothy 2: 1-7; 2 Timothy 2:1, 2).
- Every good work is done under the sovereign Lordship of Christ and with the ultimate goal of making Him Savior and Lord in the heart of every person, to the glory of God the Father (Philippians 2:5-11; Ephesians 2:10; Matthew 5:16; 1 Peter 2:12; Colossians 3:17).
- Marriage is a covenant established by God as a lifelong, exclusive relationship between one man and one woman. All sexual activity outside the marriage relationship, as defined in the Bible –whether heterosexual, homosexual, or otherwise, is immoral and therefore sin; furthermore, we believe that God created the human race male and female and that all conduct with the intent to adopt a gender in opposition to one’s biological sex at birth is immoral and therefore sin (Genesis 2:24-25; Exodus 20:14, 17, 22:19; Leviticus 18:22-23, 20:13, 15-16; Matthew 19:4-6, 9; Romans 1:18-31; 1 Corinthians 6:9-10, 15-20; 1 Timothy 1:8-11; Jude 7; Genesis 1:27; Deuteronomy 22:5).
(Excerpted from the Camp Pitt Statement of Belief and Practice)